COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT
Marshall have a duty to reduce workplace risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures. In the context of COVID-19 this means working through these steps in order:
- Marshall have increased the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning.
- Marshall have made every reasonable effort to enable working from home as a first option. Where working from home is not possible, we have made every reasonable effort to comply with the social distancing guidelines set out by the government (keeping people 2m apart wherever possible).
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full Marshall have taken all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between staff.
Further mitigating actions include:
- increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning;
- keeping the activity time involved as short as possible;
- using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible; and
- reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’ (so each person works with only a few others).
Marshall will continue to evaluate and review current practices to ensure staff safety is to the highest standards possible and in line with the latest government guidelines.