Marshall Amplification Plc (00805676) of Denbigh Road, Denbigh Industrial Estate, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1DQ, United Kingdom, takes your privacy very seriously.
This policy contains important information about what to expect when we collect and use your personal information in relation to your use of our website at marshall.com and your interaction with us generally.
We are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information. If you wish to contact us, please write to us at Denbigh Road, Denbigh Industrial Estate, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1DQ, United Kingdom or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) we have appointed a European representative. If you wish to contact them, their details are as follows: Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL, Avenue Louise 235, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium and/or EUrepresentative.Marshall@twobirds.com.
Where applicable, this policy should be read alongside any other privacy notices and any additional terms and conditions we may provide to you.
How we collect information about you
We will collect your personal information when you, for example:
- Use any of our products and or services;
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us;
- Contact us or ask for information about a product or service;
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey;
- Visit our website; or
- Where you provide information publicly.
The information we collect about you
We will collect your personal information directly from you, including:
- Your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address;
- Your location data - for example, a location is derived from your IP address or data such as a postcode or name of a town or city;
- Your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make, an email or a letter, and we may keep a record of any such contact;
- Your online account information, including account numbers or any other information related to your account or included in My.Marshall;
- Credential information – for example, we will collect passwords, hints and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts and services; and
- Your preferences for particular products, services and lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are, or we assume what they are, based on how you use our products and services, and your marketing preferences including any consents you have given us.
Please also see the 'Cookies' section for details on what we collect using cookies.
How we will use the information about you
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Where we need to establish and fulfil a contract with you – for example, if you have registered a warranty with us;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests – for example, to set up and administer your online account, to communicate with you or to handle any complaints;
- When we need to comply with a legal obligation – for example, to comply with applicable law or in connection with any legal claims or for compliance, regulatory or tax purposes; or
- Where we have your consent – for example, we will send you direct marketing where you have given your consent or (where permissible) you have been given an opportunity to opt out.
Please ensure that the personal information you give us is accurate and kept up to date.
We may use aggregated information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage to help us to develop our website and our services. These statistics will not include any information that can be used to identify you.
How we protect your information
We will store your personal information only for as long as is necessary, including in relation to your online account activity.
We have put in place appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information which includes, for example, limited access and use of passwords.
However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Who we will share your information with
We may need to share your personal information with members of our group of companies.
It may be necessary to share your personal information with a third party - for example:
- Forwarding a support request to a distributor, retailer, licensee or service centre;
- With governmental, legal or regulatory authorities, as required by applicable law.
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) (i.e. the EU plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). If so, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information as if it were processed inside the UK or the EEA.
If you are under 18, you may use our products or services and/or submit your personal information to us only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
With your consent or (where permissible) you have been given an opportunity to opt out, we may wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other services or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, you can opt out at any time.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. We use these to make our website more efficient and to protect your information. They provide us with anonymous information to improve user experience and our content. Below is the explanation of the cookies we use and why we use them.
We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website and to create reports and analysis. All data is collected in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
This is used by the Azure webserver, our website hosts, to try and help with routing your queries on our website.
Third party cookies
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
We use Google analytics and related Google cookies to gather website statistics and track conversion rates.
Facebook cookies and pixels
How can you change your cookie settings?
Visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies are being used. Some control of cookies is usually allowed through the browser settings on most web browsers.
Click the links below to understand how you can manage cookies on popular browsers.
For any further information on other browsers, you will need to visit the browser developer’s website.
Alternatively, you can opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites by visiting this site.
Your rights to your information
Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us:
- For a copy of your personal information;
- To correct your personal information;
- To transfer your personal information;
- To erase your personal information; and/or
- To restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may also object to some processing of your personal information and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
We will endeavour to comply with your requests, but there may be some limitations – for example, where information has been made public (such as in online blogs) or where we are legally required to process your personal information.
Where we need to collect your personal information, and such information is not provided, we may not be able to fulfil a contract with you (for example, if you have registered a warranty with us) or otherwise meet any obligations placed on us.
Changes to this policy
We keep this policy under regular review. If we change this policy, we will post the changes here. This policy was last updated on 29 March 2021.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This policy only applies to this website, so when you access links to other websites, their privacy policies will apply .
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments about this policy, please write to Marshall Amplification Plc at Denbigh Road, Denbigh Industrial Estate, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1DQ, United Kingdom or send an email to email@example.com. If you wish to contact our European representative, their details are as follows: Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL, Avenue Louise 235, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium and/or EUrepresentative.Marshall@twobirds.com.
You have the right to contact your relevant data protection authority regarding how we process your personal information. We hope, however, that we can answer any queries you may have before you approach your relevant data protection authority.